Atomos enhances Ninja V features with the free AtomOS 10.3 update
Atomos has announced that the AtomOS 10.3 update for the Ninja V HDR monitor-recorder is now available as a free download from the Atomos website.
This new update brings Ninja V users frame guides for social media, among other features. Framing shots for posting on Facebook, Youtube, Instagram or Twitter each have different aspect ratios. For Facebook, Twitter and Instagram videos there are guides for 1:1 and 1.91:1.1. Portrait Instagram mode is catered for with a 4:5 ratio guide and there is also 9:16 for Instagram stories/TV, Snapchat and YouTube.
In addition, AtomOS 10.3 introduces:
- 9 Grid overlay – “Perfect for applying the rule of thirds theory to your image composition”, according to the company
- Legalize HDMI input – The update provides Ninja V users with the ability to manually apply a Full-to-Legal range conversion on the recorded input. The setting provides the option to legalize REC.709 inputs that are using Full range (8bit 0-255 / 10bit 0-1023) to accurately map these to Legal range (16-235 or 64-940) for increased flexibility with NLE systems.
- IRE Scale for False Color – An IRE % scale with values has been added to False Color mode view to help enable accurate exposure of skin tones when exposing.
- Anamorphic De-squeeze – With the increase in the use of anamorphic lenses in productions Atomos added 1.25x and 1.8x de-squeeze to allow compatibility with a wider range of anamorphic glass.
- Rolling File Naming – Scene, Shot and Take file names allow users to accurately name planned shots as if using a conventional slate. This firmware update adds the ability to maintain continuous rolling file naming and take counts after re-formatting a drive. This function can be turned on or off in the file naming menu