Dalet unveils AmberFin Cloud Transcoder, its new media processing service
Dalet, a provider of solutions and services for broadcasters and content professionals, has announced Dalet AmberFin Cloud Transcoder, a new SaaS-based, media processing service with robust media packaging and distribution capabilities for post-production and broadcast workflows. The solution includes every feature from the on-premises version of Dalet AmberFin, ensuring media professionals have access to image scaling, standards conversions, cut/splice, caption conversion, audio normalization, localization versioning, IMF creation and submission, and HDR conversions.
Dalet AmberFin Cloud Transcoder can be accessed via a public cloud managed service environment, or deployed as a scalable container-based service inside a customer’s existing private cloud infrastructure. The “high-performance” transcode service takes a factory-like approach to managing media conversion projects from small-scale post-production operations to larger media enterprises.
“Like the well known Dalet AmberFin on-premises transcoder and workflow orchestration platform, the Dalet AmberFin Cloud Transcoder service will convert and package just about any file format, managing complexities, such as HDR processing, loudness normalization and caption conversions,” states Eric Carson of Dalet. “It’s the same great set of features running in an elastic, serverless architecture designed to optimize resources and cost for customers who require burst capacity, a native cloud presence, usage-based pricing, or all of the above.”
Feature highlights include:
- SaaS Offering, controllable from the Dalet AmberFin Workflow Engine and via REST API
- Elastic scaling in a managed service or within an existing VPC
- Supports all industry standard codecs, plus HDR and Dolby Vision
- API-first approach enables customers to use Dalet AmberFin on its own or inside a larger work order or MAM system, including Dalet Galaxy five or the Ooyala Flex Media Platform, now part of Dalet
- Fully compatible with existing Dalet AmberFin transcode profiles
- Easily balance transcode volume between on-premises and cloud, controlling both from the same workflow engine
- Monthly tier-based subscription with cost per minute pricing
Dalet AmberFin Cloud Transcoder is supported globally by Dalet’s professional services and customer support teams who can assist with workflow development, including scripting and API integration within a wide range of media environments.