NewTek has announced the availability of the NewTek Connect Spark™ Pro video converter that enables to acquire 4K UHD video for IP-based productions. Connect Spark Pro instantly translates 4K UHD video at up to 60 frames per second directly from a source into an NDI® signal for use with any compatible device or software with near zero latency and without any complex configuration or excessive cabling required.
Its portable, and camera-mountable design, HDMI connection, built-in tally lights, support for Power over Ethernet (PoE), and many other features allow Connect Spark Pro to integrate seamlessly into any production.
“The quality of the picture we’re getting with Connect Spark Pro is simply mind blowing,” said Dr. Andrew Cross, president and CTO for NewTek.
“What’s even better is that almost every 4K device has an HDMI connector, making Connect Spark Pro ideal for getting 4K signals onto the network quickly. This helps tremendously with cabling, distance, and cost limitations allowing content producers small and large to benefit from the advantages of 4K. Even if you are producing and distributing in HD, being able to leverage 4K cameras gives you better quality and lets you do virtual PTZ pan and scan moves simply and easily.”
Features of the Connect Spark Pro include:
- HDMI video input with embedded audio
- IP output via NDI with near-zero latency
- Support for 4K UHD and 1080p video at up to 60fps
- Unicast and multicast transfer modes
- Web-based remote configuration and monitoring
- NDI tally support with built-in tally lights
- Wired Gigabit Ethernet connectivity
- Support for Power over Ethernet (POE)
- Hardware-based FPGA and SoC technology
- Industry-standard, threaded-screw camera mount