Quantum Stornext Pro Solutions named as a finalist for Studiodaily Prime Awards
Quantum Corp. announced that its StorNext Pro™ Solutions family is a finalist in the Postproduction category of the StudioDaily Prime Awards, which recognize the top tier of new technology in media and entertainment. This latest honor follows StorNext® Pro Solutions receiving the Visionary Product Award for “Enabling Collaborative Storage Technology” at the Storage Visions Conference in January. In addition, Quantum’s StorNext 5 platform — on which StorNext Pro Solutions are built — was recently named a finalist in the Storage Product of the Year category of the UK’s Network Computing Awards 2015. These awards recognize companies and products at the forefront of the evolving technology market.
StorNext Pro Solutions include five high-performance storage systems optimized to enable collaborative workflows, providing faster and more cost-effective creation, management, processing and delivery of content:
– StorNext Pro Studio is a highly scalable solution that is 100 percent compatible with Apple Xsan storage, making it ideal for users looking to refresh or enhance their Xsan environments.
– StorNext Pro 4K combines a flash-based metadata appliance and highly scalable disk storage to meet the demands of modern 4K media workflows from ingest to production to delivery.
– StorNext Pro Foundation provides shared storage for smaller production workgroups in a high-performance, attractively priced solution.
– StorNext Pro Workgroup offers ingest, production, review and delivery in one system, with different options for petascale content storage and access, including Quantum’s Lattus™ extended online storage or archive tape.
– StorNext Pro Production provides users with the complete workflow storage they need for not only creating content but also controlling, monetizing and managing it long-term.
All five StorNext Pro Solutions are powered by StorNext 5, a scale-out storage platform designed for today’s modern workflow challenges of capturing, sharing and preserving massive amounts of data in the most demanding environments. It includes the industry’s fastest streaming file system and policy-based tiering for automatically moving data across primary storage, extended online storage, tape archive and the cloud.
Alex Grossman, Vice President, Media and Entertainment, Quantum: “We built StorNext 5 from the ground up to enable users to meet new workflow demands, including the ability to access data whenever and wherever it’s needed for analysis, monetization or repurposing — all in the most cost-effective way possible. With StorNext Pro Solutions, broadcast and postproduction users get the benefits of StorNext 5 in a fully integrated system designed to match their specific workflows, from ingest to archive. This unique value that StorNext 5 and StorNext Pro Solutions deliver is clearly resonating with customers, and we’re excited about the resulting industry recognition and honors we continue to receive.”