Ross Video launches a new 144×144 version of Ultrix
Ross Video is launching a new 144×144 version of Ultrix, the routing and signal processing platform, at the CABSAT Conference and Exhibition in Dubai (World Trade Centre, 14-16th January 2018). Ultrix-FR5 delivers a routing platform with integrated MultiViewers and FrameSyncs in a compact 5RU chassis. It is the software defined nature of Ultrix that is the real disruptor, according to Ross Video. The ability to change and update functionality via software license means Ultrix customers only buy what they need, when they need it.
“Broadcasters are extremely conscious of spend in the current climate and want reassurance that any investment in products now will not be compromised by changes in technology. Ultrix provides that security – broadcasters can simply turn on additional features and upgrade as required”, says Todd Riggs, Business Development Manager, Infrastructure, Ross Video.
The first version of Ultrix redefined the role of a router in a production workflow and, with the addition of this new 5RU product, Ultrix is poised to capture more of the market. Utilizing 12G chipsets throughout the entire router, it allows users to switch anything from 270 Mb/s, to single link 12G UHD signals all within the same chassis, providing a path for customers to migrate all or part of their facilities to UHD production. Its internal architecture uses a new, FPGA based design throughout, allowing customers to add software defined processing capabilities such as MultiViewers, FrameSyncs and others by ordering software licenses. No special hardware is required, providing users with welcome flexibility.
Key features include:
- Software Defined. No special hardware or boards required for advanced functionality.
- Compact. Up to 34×34 in 1RU, 72×72 in 2RU, 144×144 in 5RU makes it one of the most compact routing and signal processing platform in the industry.
- Ultrimix. Software enabled audio fabric allows users to route, process and mix a combination of over 30002 channels of both embedded and discrete audio as standard.
- Ultriscape. Software enabled MultiViewers. Up to 24 independent MultiViewer heads in 5RU, each head supports 100 unique PiPs, with access to all video sources in the router.
- Ultriclean. 12Gb/s video clean/quiet switch. Available on every output of every frame.
- Ultrisync. Software enabled video FrameSync and embedded audio SRC. Can be purchased on every input.
- Fast. Complete 12G router family.
- Ultrispeed. Software enables all ports of the router to 12Gb/s. 1 Terabit of bandwidth per RU, which is the fastest in the industry.