SDV0E Alliance has been formed to standardize the adoption of Ethernet to transport AV signals in professional AV environments
AptoVision, Aquantia, Christie Digital, NETGEAR, Sony and ZeeVee has announced that they have formed the SDVoE Alliance to standardize the adoption of Ethernet to transport AV signals in professional AV environments, and to create an ecosystem around SDVoE technology that allows software to define AV applications.
All AV distribution and processing applications that demand zero-latency, uncompromised video can benefit from SDVoE technology, which provides an end-to-end hardware and software platform for AV extension, switching, processing and control through advanced chipset technology, common control APIs and interoperability.
“For years we have lived with the idea that ‘AV/IT convergence is coming’,” said Justin Kennington, president of the SDVoE Alliance. “The SDVoE Alliance and its technology finally provide the platform that is necessary to enable it. Using 10 Gb Ethernet hardware to move video with flawless quality and zero latency is only the beginning. The creation of a software platform enables the development of whole new classes of applications not yet conceived. True convergence is finally here.”
The alliance seeks to:
- Standardize adoption of Ethernet to transport AV signals in professional AV environments.
- Offer end users increased flexibility, with applications more tailored to their particular needs, and the opportunity to reduce both capital and operating expenses.
- Enable more cost-effective architectures for AV signal distribution using Ethernet switches.
- Provide a reliable and more versatile alternative to point-to-point extension and circuit switches.
- Facilitate true AV/IT convergence such that high-quality AV networks and data networks can simultaneously share a single infrastructure platform.
- Bring ecosystem partners — AV equipment manufacturers, AV software developers, switch manufacturers, chipset designers, technology providers and system integrators — together under a single banner to foster collaboration.
- Bring awareness to new opportunities by educating the industry and offering training in the new paradigm.