+100 broadcasters choose Vizrt graphics to cover U.S. election night
With the results still coming in, an estimated four billion people tuning in to the results of the U.S. presidential election are watching creative resources enabled by Vizrt software tools and graphics.
More than 100 news stations representing “roughly 90 percent” of the major broadcasters around the world are depending on Vizrt software in their newsrooms to create graphics used during the election, according to the company: CNN, NBC, Fox, BBC, Al Jazeera, TV 2 Norway, NHK, Al Arabiya, Mediacorp… On display as the results rolled in where touchscreen video walls, augmented reality that allows for interactive data updates and projections, and maps.
“The goal of election night is to draw in viewers by taking vast amounts of data and making it both quickly understandable and engaging in real time,” said Petter Ole Jakobsen, co-founder of Vizrt. “It is how our brilliant customers engage their audiences and present on the fly that matters most. In essence, it is how they use Vizrt tools to tell the story as it unfolds that sets them apart from the rest.”
Technologies on display include:
- Viz Engine – a render engine for live media, providing real time performance, low latency media flows, effects for photo realism and new compositing features.
- Viz Trio – a character generator (CG) for live televised events anywhere in the world
- Viz Multiplay – providing control of graphics, clips, live feeds, and still images with transitions on every studio display through a single interface
- Viz Mosart – “simplifies” operation and advanced device control
- Viz Pilot – a cross-platform, template-based system for journalists to create, manage and deliver high volumes of graphics, video, stills and map content on-air and on-line
- Viz World –branded 3D maps that can be built by the journalist from their newsroom system
- Viz One – a centralized and scalable platform to ingest, manage, edit, and deliver content
- Viz Virtual Studio –live virtual sets for augmented reality productions
- Viz Arc – an augmented reality control system, which allows users to drive AR graphics and virtual sets from a single interface