Fourth instalment of “Unlocking the future of satellite communications in Europe” at Rohde & Schwarz’s Satellite Industry Day
The insightful virtual sessions on its fourth part will highlight the European IRIS2 program’s role in developing secure environment and resilient satellite comms infrastructure; comprise debate among industry experts and professionals. This fourth episode of Rohde & Schwarz Satellite Industry Day series will take place on May 25, 2023 at 15:00-17:10 CEST.
Digital transformation in Europe impacts on businesses, government, industry and people, and present potential challenges related to cybersecurity and/or geopolitical issues: this is why attention is being focused on the need for a secure and resilient space-based telecommunications system to meet changing requirements.
The European Commission has issued a tender for a contract to build the Infrastructure for Resilience, Interconnection & Security by Satellite (IRIS2) system, a multi orbital communications infrastructure dedicated to providing satellite communications services to governments and commercial users.
Part 4 of the Satellite Industry Day series will bring together experts from Technology Vision Consulting, Euroconsult, STE iDirect Europe, GomSpace, the International Telecommunications Union and Rohde & Schwarz, to discuss the latest developments and applications in satellite and space technology:
- Jean-Benoît Laithier, principal advisor for the satellite communications ecosystem at Euroconsult, will introduce the IRIS2 program and its significance to Europe’s future secure telecommunications environment.
- Koen Willems, VP EU Programs and Government Relations at ST Engineering iDirect, will examine the EDF European Protected Waveform (EPW) program, which focuses on agile, secure, affordable and interoperable satellite communications.
- The nano-satellite revolution will be addressed by Lars Krogh Alminde, co-founder of GomSpace, who will look at current innovations in orbits as well as software defined technologies, AI and satellite miniaturization.
- The regulation of non-geostationary (non-GSO) satellite systems will be the subject of a talk by Nelson Malaguti and Timur Kadyrov of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU). They will outline the regulatory changes made following the last World Radiocommunications Conference in 2019.
- A panel discussion with all experts and a live Q&A moderated by Thomas Wrede, Founder and Managing Director of Technology Vision Consulting UG, will round off the day.
Registration for the free online event and further information on the Satellite Industry Day Series 2023 including on-demand videos of the previous three parts is available clicking here.